Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Intellectualizing" The N-Word Are You, John Mayer?????

"Intellectualizing" The N-Word Are You, John Mayer?????

wenn5417258mayer.jpg

We don't buy it!

John Mayer has finally risen from his stoney-coma and been bombarded with today's backlash of his Playboy interview!

Mayer has received an outrageous amount of flack (and rightfully so!) for using the N-word in his recent interview, more specifically:

Someone asked me the other day, “What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?” And by the way, it’s sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n****r pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, “I can’t really have a hood pass. I’ve never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, ‘We’re full.’"

Disgusting.

So John has taken to his official Twitter to try and calm the storm:

Re: using the 'N word' in an interview: I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself. It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged.

Arrogant is right!

Do U think the apology is valid????

(We don't!)

[Image via WENN.]




Padma Lakshmi
Olivia Munn
Marisa Tomei
Rebecca Mader

No comments:

Post a Comment