Tuesday, February 2, 2010

'My Life As Liz' Star Liz Lee Talks 'Nerve-Racking' Band Of Horses Cover

'My Life As Liz' Star Liz Lee Talks 'Nerve-Racking' Band Of Horses Cover

'It was one of the happiest moments I've had,' Lee says of her talent-show performance.
By Jocelyn Vena


"My Life As Liz" star Liz Lee
Photo: Rene Cervantes

"My Life as Liz" star Liz Lee has made it no secret that she isn't like the other kids at her school. So when she had to perform at the talent show on Monday's episode of her show, she wasn't sure how anyone would feel about her performance of the Band of Horses' "Funeral."

"I just really, really love that song, just in general. It's totally one of my favorites of all time," she told MTV News. "I've always loved Band of Horses, and that was actually a song that got me into them."

Lee has certainly battled it out with the show's resident mean girls, and she wasn't sure how a roomful of her peers would receiver her performance. "It was one of the most nerve-racking things that I've ever had to go through in my entire life, especially having Cori Cooper barking down my back the whole time," she said. "It was almost miserable, like, having to wait and having to watch Cori Cooper get this huge applause and wondering of people are going to appreciate what you're doing as much as her, even though it's in a completely different category."

As it turns out, much like Cori, Lee got a standing ovation, and when it was all said and done, she felt pretty good about her decision to get up there and sing. "It started off as one of the most terrifying things I've ever gone through, and it ended up being one of the most rewarding," she said. "It was one of the happiest moments I've had."

With Lee making such a public display of affection for the band, has she had a chance to meet them yet? "I've never met Band of Horses. I would love to. I completely idolize them. They're so great," she said. "I mean, I really hope they'd like [my performance]. I worked really hard ... to conjure up the same feelings performing it as they did for me when I listen to their music."

"My Life as Liz" airs Mondays at 10:30 p.m. ET on MTV.

Related Photos Related Artists


Cameron Diaz
Charlize Theron
Anna Faris

No comments:

Post a Comment