Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Octo-Mom Speaks!

Octo-Mom Speaks!

ap090727038540ns.jpg
ap100126135118ns.jpg

It's been one year since Nadya Suleman gave birth to octuplets and she did some reflecting recently on raising 14 children.

Here are some HIGHlights:

On resting:

"I don't get much sleep. About two or three hours a night. But I'm continuing to move forward with my life and trying to be the best mother I can be."

On growing up:

"I've definitely matured a lot. When this started, it was all about me. But now I find myself in a situation where I have to support a large family and take care of a large household. I've been through more in the past year than most people go through in a lifetime.

"I've been sued, harassed, abused, but I've held my own. I think about others now and not so much about myself. I spend more time thinking about paying bills, paying my mortgage and paying attention."

On parenting challenges:

"One of the biggest challenges is bonding with my babies. I need the help of my nannies, but I don't want my children being raised in something that resembles a group home."

On fitness and going to the gym:

"I go several times a week, usually in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep. I push myself pretty hard. I'm lucky. I've got good genes and my body just always seems to bounce back after my pregnancies."

On the octuplets' birthday:

"It'll be a quiet celebration. You definitely won't find a bouncy house here … We had birthday cake and pizza on Sunday. It was quite a mess, quite a mess."

On if she'd do it all again:

"No, no, no … I love kids, but I also recognize that things could be better for mine. I never planned on eight. I wanted one or maybe two more. But I had eight. It's not the best situation, but I'm doing what I can do."

She still sounds insane to us!

[Image via AP Images.]


No comments:

Post a Comment